This year I am homeschooling our first-grade grandson and loving every minute of it. Here are some things I have learned.
- If you expect something to be a delight, it often is.
- Love leads.
- Make a lesson plan but don’t expect to follow it.
- Know your role and commit to excellence.
- Keep in mind what is important in the task ahead and what isn’t.
- Share good stories.
- Appreciate differences in the age, circumstances, and abilities.
- Be a team.
- They are often smarter than you!
- Keep your standards. Don’t talk about them so much, just keep them.
- Learn and change from each experience.
- Stretch yourself to do new things in new ways.
- Grow so they can grow, too.
- Say thank you for the opportunity to serve.
- Make memories.
- And remember how lucky you are.